We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. You’ll strive for efficiency by building high performance data structures and aligning data systems with business goals.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- Analyze and organize raw data.
- Build data systems and reliable pipelines on premise and on the cloud.
- Evaluate business needs and objectives.
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
- Build algorithms and prototypes.
- Combine raw information from different sources.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition.
- Develop analytical tools and programs.
- Collaborate with data scientists and machine learning engineers on several projects.
Requirements and skills
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python).
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design.
- Hands-on experience with cloud databases (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus.
- Data engineering or Cloud certifications are a plus.