We are searching for a data scientist to develop and run data-centered projects. In keeping with this overarching aim, the senior data scientist will be required to outline work requirements, assign tasks to junior staff, and monitor performance within the team.
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business’s interests.
- Collating and cleaning data from various entities for later use by junior data scientists.
- Delegating tasks to Junior Data Scientists in order to realize the successful completion of projects.
- Monitoring the performance of Junior Data Scientists and providing them with practical guidance, as needed.
- Selecting and employing advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability.
- Producing and disseminating non-technical reports that detail the successes and limitations of each project.
- Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies.
- Staying informed about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant.
Requirements and skills
- 5+ Years of experience as a data scientist.
- Proficiency in Python using advanced libraries.
- In-depth understanding of SQL.
- Good understanding of machine learning principles and techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of running data science projects.
- Ability to relay insights in simple terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
- Advanced degree in data science, statistics, computer science, or similar.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami